As many of you know, I'm engaged to a very wonderful woman. She's marvelous, beautiful and I love her very much. But nobody's perfect and she does have one major flaw. She's a Nebraska Cornerhuskers fan. Naturally, after my Iowa Hawkeyes finished a rather depressing season with a loss to the Huskers, my sweet darling couldn't help but rub it in just a little.
- It's easier for Hawkeye fans to be humble. Losses tend to help with that.
- Hawkeye fans have more opportunity to exercise patience. After all, "next season will be better".
- Hawkeye fans are less tempted to brag to about their team.
- Every week Hawkeye fans are reminded that we cannot put our confidence in man (especial one who wears a Tiger Hawk on his helmet).
- Hawkeye fans learn to deal with disappointment on a regular basis.
- Hawkeye fans have many examples of how not live a life free from alcahol and drugs.
- We have the best color combination in the NCAA. I don't know how that makes us more spiritual but it's true.
7 Reasons Drinking Coffee Makes You More Spiritual