- Thank you, for not feeling the need to flaunt yourself but for being confident in the imperishable beauty of meekness and gentleness (1 Peter 3:4).
- Thank you, for respecting the consciences of your brothers by dressing and acting modestly.
- Thank you, for letting us guys open doors and carrying boxes for you.
- Thank you, for encouraging us guys to be faithful to our responsibilities by being faithful to yours.
- Thank you, for edifying us in a way that is true to both our callings.
- Thank you, for allowing and encouraging the men to take the lead.
- Thank you, for being neither usurpers nor pushovers.
- Thank you, for being courageously feminine in a culture which sees that as a vice and not as the glorious virtue that it is.
- Thank you, for functioning biblically, regardless of what others say.
- Thank you, for the blessing and encouragement you are to me as a man. Few things help men act like men more than women who act like women.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Happy International Woman's Day
Today is International Woman's Day. It's basically a feminist marketing campaign, but I figure if the Church Fathers can hijack pagan holidays and turn them into Christmas, Easter and Valentine's Day, than I should be able to flip this holiday on it's head and take the opportunity to thank real women. As a young man, I'm very grateful for the amazing spiritual sisters God has placed in my life. They are a blessing and encouragement to me and this is my tribute to all of them.